FarmingParts.com are one of the largest dealers in farm parts, tractor parts and accessories in the United Kingdom and Ireland. FarmingParts.com ship to customers round the UK and worldwide every day.
Our commitment to the customer and history in the agricultural business ensures all of our online customers are 100% satisfied with the award winning service.
Some Company History
FarmingParts.com is owned by McElderrys who have been involved with agriculture for over 100 years. Four generations have worked in the family business. The business was started by the current director’s grandfather in the late nineteenth century. However it was Mr J K McElderry who really put McElderrys on the map. He set up a business in Linenhall Street Ballymoney which sold seeds, fertilizers, implements and hardware, as well as spare parts for machinery. He also had a great interest in breeding Clydesdale heavy horses, and indeed exported these as far as Scotland and Chicago in the USA. He also ran a large dairy with a milking herd of Ayreshire cows. In the old days the milk was all delivered locally by horse and trap although this was superseded by the first electric milk vans in the area. These proved a little unreliable and often had to be towed back to the dairy because their batterys would run flat. They made butter, ice-cream and cheese at the dairy.
The old shop premises in John Street, Ballymoney
With the introduction of tractors, and more importantly the three point linkage, agriculture really took a leap forward. J K McElderry was responsible for bringing the first tractor to the North Antrim region - a Fordson, this was to be quickly followed by a Massey Ferguson, and to this day the Massey brand remains the best selling brand within the business. In 1947 John McElderry Motors and Tractors was formed, and a garage was setup in John St to sell and service Massey Ferguson tractors and Austin cars. In 1983 the two companies, John McElderry Ltd and John McElderry (M&T) Ltd, re-located to more spacious premises at 24 Market Street, and at this time Motors and Tractors divested any interest in the car trade in order to concentrate on the sale of tractors and agricultural machinery. We are presently occupying this site, and have acquired many world renowned franchises to sell into the agricultural market, the main ones being Massey Ferguson and Fendt tractors, Terex agricultural handlers, Vicon harvest machinery, Marshall trailers and muck spreaders, De-Laval milking equipment, NC slurry pumps and dump trailers, Pro-Fit plant and cattle trailers and Permastore above ground slurry stores.
4 Clydesdale horses shipped to Chicago in 1948.
The horse in the right-hand corner was supplied by J.K. McElderry.
Any business is dependant on having top class staff, and at McElderrys we are lucky to have a hard working, experienced and very diligent group of people, who are dedicated to providing a first rate customer service. We have built up one of the largest parts departments in the UK, with well over £1 million worth of parts on the shelves at all times. Combine this with a great selection of new and second hand tractors, and we feel we can cater for most needs that the agricultural industry might have. J K’s motto “Everything for the farmer” still holds good today.
John McElderry (Motors & Tractors) Ltd
24-26 Market Street Ballymoney